A candle is being blamed for a destructive house fire in Souix Falls. Around 2 a.m. Monday, firefighters responded to a fire on the 5300 block of E. Lake Placid Circle. When crews arrived on the scene, smoke and flames were coming from a corner bedroom. They had the fire under control in about 15 minutes. Officials say no one was injured in the fire, but the house sustained moderate fire and heavy smoke damage. SFFR officials remind citizens to check smoke detectors and never leave candles unattended.